********* The postdocs positions have been filled, stay tuned for next year ************
We are looking for exceptional candidates to fill two new postdoctoral positions or research assistant positions in the group.
Research projects will be in urban energy consumption, social networks and human mobility
(posted on 06/15/2015)
• Analyze and integrate big data-sets created by human activity, census data and digital maps. Start by joining one of the open research projects of the lab, described: here
• Participate in the research projects with the lab’s industrial partners.
• Present research results at international workshops and conferences, and project meetings.
• Co-author articles for publication in leading peer-reviewed journals and top conferences.
The successful candidate must hold a Ph.D., Masters or a Bachelor degree in Physics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or Transportation Engineering. Experience in handling large-scale data sets as well as complex systems modeling and analysis is required.
Apply for the postdoc position if you:
• Are a candidate with a solid publication record in one of the three areas: Complex Systems and Network Science, Applied Computer Science or Transportation. Plus you are determined and passionate for growing your career in any of these areas.
• Have already developed strong skills in C++, Matlab, and Python during your previous research. You are eager to learn: GIS, SQL, Java Script, D3, and any relevant technology required for urban computing.
Experience in human mobility Modeling/Analysis, Network Science and Statistical Physics with interests towards Cities and Transportation is a strong plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
For the postdoc positions submit the following to Roberta Pizzianato (email@example.com)
- Letter of intent specifying on which of the open research projects (described here) you are most interested in starting, and how it relates to your past research experience.
- CV describing relevant projects earlier accomplished, detail skills applied on these and list your relevant publications and contacts of three academic references.
International scholars are welcome to apply. MIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Deadline for applications – March. 15th, 2015, or until the positions are filled. The postdoc positions are available immediately and we prefer to be fill them by: May 1st., 2015.
If you are MIT admitted student interested in the RA position, or a postdoc applicant that would like further information or an informal discussion about the post, please contact Prof. Marta C. Gonzalez (martag at mit).
LEARN ABOUT THE BENEFITS OF THIS JOB: http://postdocs.mit.edu/